I Have No Plans To Quit Football

Seattle Sounders striker Obafemi Martins has said he is enjoying his football and has no plans to hang up his boots now.
Image result for obafemi martins
The former Inter Milan star will be 31 next month, but he is still banging in the goals regularly in the Major League Soccer, according to AfricanFootball.com.

“May be when I get tired (I will quit), but for now, I’m still enjoying myself. As I get older, I enjoy it more,” said Martins.
The striker has plied his trade in Italy, England, Russia, Spain and now in the USA, and he says he has proved he can score anywhere he finds himself.
“I want to finish my career and be able to tell my kids, I’ve been everywhere and scored wherever I play,” he added.
The Nigeria forward said he discovered who legendary Alan Shearer was after he picked the Newcastle jersey number 9, which shearer wore with distinction at Newcastle.
“I remember after my unveiling at Newcastle United, I discovered who Shearer was after I picked the jersey number 9, he asked me a question, ‘Do you have the shoulder to carry this jersey’, for some seconds I could not say anything, then later I said we will see how it goes’,” he said..
“Anytime I stepped out on the pitch for the club, that question always came to my mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment