Dekunle Gold Tells Us How He Hit Stardom

Talented singer, Adekunle Gold, known for his hit song Sade, has won the heart of many with his unique style.

In a recent interview with Pulse TV, the Orente singer revealed how he got signed to the YBNL Nation. He said his blend of highlife and mid-tempo pop warmed Olamide’s heart and he was subsequently wooed over to the rapper’s camp.
Image result for adekunle gold
He said: “I had been working with Olamide. I designed the YBNL logo. I had done a couple of designs for the label before I got signed. When I dropped Sade, Olamide apparently liked it, and the whole YBNL crew liked it. So he called me and said he really liked my sound, and didn’t want it to change, that he would love to work with me. “I didn’t see it coming, I didn’t lobby for it, I didn’t do anything, I didn’t think about it at all.”
Adekunle’s two official singles so far, Sade and Orente are love songs inspired by the life of an average Nigerian young man, sung mostly in Yoruba.

According to him, his style blends with that of his label mates who are largely indigenous rappers.

“I guess it just works because I am indigenous too as well. I speak Yoruba, English, pidgin… And then my sound identifies with the street somehow. So there’s a sync somehow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment